Friday 17 February 2012

Concerning bias

What is bias? According to "Lord Wikipedia"; it is defined as: "inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives. Bias can come in many forms."

I find that very fitting. Which leads me to a question: is it possible to be completely unbiased? Can one make judgements without any sort of predisposition?
I don't think that it is possible to be comepletely unbiased. Everyone has their own motives or desires, and it can usually be seen through their actions.

I meant to have some sort of point to this post, but I forgot.... I left this entry too long; I'll get back to you guys...

1 comment:

  1. These blog posts are excellent, Simon! You are a natural and insightful thinker. Well done! I look forward to reading more as the course progresses.

    ReplyDelete