Friday 3 February 2012

Mix and mingle, or isolate?

Is it important for cultures to protect themselves from outside media infuence?

What a broad question... Personally I think that it is all very circunstantial. Say that a target culture or group was prosperous; ie) wealth, a sizeable population, so an and so forth. I'd say that it is okay for the group(s)/culture(s) to "mix and mingle"

However, say a group/culture is endangered; not many people, poverty, etc. In  that circumstance, I'd say efforts should be placed into perserving, protcting, and rekindling this said group.

My own philosphy is very "live and let live". Ultimately, it is that bunch of people's choice to mix and mingle, or to seclude themselves.

While I generally think that it is beneficial to meet new people, adopt more ideas and values, and the like. However, I think that there should be a sort of 'fail safe'. Something to record or keep track of one's culture or values.

-Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment